Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Meg aka Michelle


Hi, I am one of the organizers. We live outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. But, I am a Californian. We have lived here for about a year. We are Me, Lacy (4 years old), Oliver (2 on Monday) and a new baby due in July. Winter in Ohio is hard for a California family. So we are so happy for this swap. Lacy and Oliver are great. We do a lot of art and reading at our house. The kids unschool and we go outside when we can. As for me...I was working a homebirth practice in CA. In Ohio it is illegal to practice homebirth direct entry midwifery. You can be convicted as a felon. So I am now back in school (the first time I received a BS in Economics) doing pre requisites for a Bachelor in nursing program that I will start in the Fall or if I have a colicky baby then the next Fall. After that I will become a Nurse Midwife. I have 5 years of school ahead. But, really this is my calling in life so I will make it through. The only other interesting thing about me is that I secretly would love to be a writer and I will be 30 in September. I also love photography. We are a happy little family. The only picture I have of all 3 and 1/2 of us is a pretty funky self portrait. But, it shows all of us so that is the picture I am choosing to show. There also a Ryan in our family. My high school sweetheart (Mag married her high school sweetheart too!) but he isn't doing the swap. We have been married for 8 years, almost!

No comments: