Monday, March 17, 2008

Greetings from Cincinnati!

Hi fellow Mommies! I'm new to this whole blogging community. Well actually, I think I started one shortly after my daughter was born, but you know life gets hectic and then you forget passwords....and it all goes down hill from there. But I'm climbing back up the hill! My name is Melanie and I'm a mother of one for now. My daughter Sophie is 2&1/2 years old and a laugh riot by the minute. We live in the suburbs of Cincinnati along with Dave, a wonderful husband & father, and our two cats: Calvin and Collete. Two is such a fun age because instead of trying to eat playdough and crayons, Sophie's actually making sculptures ! (albeit it's little torn balls) and drawings! Some might call it chicken scratch, but I choose to say that she's in her abstract expressionist phase. I studied fine arts in college but have struggled with creating art since graduating. I'm excited about this swap because I'm going to use it as a jumpstart to get back into using my creative and artistic abilities. I've been browsing through some of the posted blogger sites and I've been inspired by your artistic creations whether it's painting, knitting, sewing or gardening projects. Creativity is so important, especially now with having a little one. Looking forward to getting to know some or all of you more and sharing thoughts and ideas!

No comments: