Monday, August 10, 2009

Introducing Amber!


What is your name and where do you live?
My name is Amber and I am married to Matt. Our son is B.

Tell a little bit about each of your B.
B is 4 1/2 years old and ALL BOY. He is a train fanatic. He also loves Hot Wheels, Superman, Tom and Jerry, and Scooby Doo. He is an only child. B will be attending his second year of Montessori pre-school this fall. He loves going to school and his teachers. B has many grandparents that live only minutes away who enjoys spending time with. He has just learned to ride his bike with no training wheels. One of his favorite things to do is wrestle with his dad, who is the head wrestling coach in our town.

Do you have any back to school traditions?
Since last year was B's first year in pre-school, we don't have a lot of traditions yet. We did the usual photo at the front door with his backpack on. We also took a picture on the last day with is teachers.

What's your favorite back to school memory?
When I was growing up, I would lay all of my school supplies out and make a big display of them. I would pack and repack my bag several times before the new year started. As I was older, I remember my mom playing this one song, "Good Morning Little School Girl" by Johnny Lang so loud. She would dance crazy and after a few minutes we would all be laughing, singing along, and dancing. A great way to get a smile on our faces as we were not happy to be going back to school.

Name one thing you like to do with each child you have.
I love showing B new things that I know will amaze him.

Tell three things you've learned since becoming a mom?
1. It's much much harder than I ever imagined.
2. It is much much scarier than I would have imagined.
3. I didn't know I could love anyone so very very much! He is my biggest motivation to be the best I can be. He is behind all of the choices I make.


What do you do for fun?
We act crazy and silly, we swim, we go to the mall to play trains at the book store. We ride bikes, play games, and visit local parks, museums, and playgrounds. We get together with our friends, have picnics in the yard, and camp in our living room while watching movies.

No comments: