1) Introduce yourself via e-mail to your partner once the pairs have been assigned and exchange a quick questionnaire to help you get acquainted. Parnters will be assigned beginning of August.
2) Put together a back-to-school themed package for your partner. If you sign your children up individually, you should spend around $10 plus shipping. If you sign-up as a family, you should spend about $20 plus shipping.
3) Mail your package by August 15th or a date agreed upon with your partner.
4) Send some kind of thank-you to your partner: it could be mailed, e-mailed or posted on the swap blog.
5) It would also be nice to see participants post to the swap blog (we will send out invitations that will allow you to do so). You can feel free to introduce yourself and your family, post ideas that you would like to share for the swap, give hints to your partner, and also post a thank-you. We have loved seeing pictures of what everyone swapped in the past. Posting is not a requirement, but it does let all the participants interact a little more and adds to the fun!
What To Do to Sign-up:
1) Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31st, 2009.
2) Tell us:
- your name
- e-mail address
- names and ages of children participating
- individual or family?--if you sign-up individually, each child will send and receive their own package; likewise if you sign-up as a family, your whole family will send and receive one package
- names of people you have swapped with in the past
- your blog address, if you have one
- the state you live in (we try to pair people with someone outside their state)
- if you are/are not willing to ship internationally (in the past we have had participants from Canada & Australia in addition to people from all over the US)
We will send you an e-mail to confirm that you have been signed-up within a day or so, and then send out your partner's info the beginning of August.
Feel free to share this info with anyone you think would be interested, we would like to have our biggest group ever this time around! Also, if you have a blog, we would appreciate it so much if you did a short post about the swap and link back to the swap blog.